Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Departure: "Hang on St. Christopher..."


1. The act of leaving.
2. A starting out, as on a trip or a new course of action.
3. A divergence or deviation, as from an established rule, plan, or procedure: ordered curry as a departure from his usual bland diet.
4. Nautical The distance sailed due east or west by a ship on its course.

We left home yesterday to stay with family before heading out to the airport tomorrow. It was hard to say good-bye to the house and animals, knowing that it will be quite some time before we see them all again. Everyone seems strangely relaxed, the months of planning are now behind us and we are away from home. The quiet before the storm?

"Sure hope the old man got that tractor beam out of commission, or this is gonna be a real short trip. Okay, hit it!"
-Han Solo

5 comments:

  1. If that is all your stuff, kudos on the packing! I wouldn't even know where to begin when packing for a family of five for so many months and various seasons of weather. I assume you will buy stuff when you need it. Bon voyage, Furmanski clan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4th of July!!! I am thinking about you today and wishing you all the best. Bon voyage my dear friends.

    Love, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you all! Thanks to the boys for sharing their sleeping bags- they are SO cozy and made camping much more pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wasn't sure whether to quote Han saying, "Never tell me the odds!" or “You know, sometimes I amaze even myself.”
    Then it came to me: “Here’s where the fun begins.”

    Here's a gem from Indiana: "I don't know, I'm making this up as I go."

    Please keep writing whenever possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be safe you guys, have the time of your lives, take lots of pictures Monica, and when your out and about in the world, remember the immortal words of Socrates when he said " I drank what ??? "

    ReplyDelete