Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Artis Zoo





Artis Zoo, Amsterdan:

I like the raccoons at the zoo, even though we have them in our backyards in California. I also like the 'fossa' because they bite, they are small and look like you can keep them in your house. -Sam

My favorite animals at the zoo today were the pygmy marmosets. I did not like the silk spiders because they were big and I don't like spiders. -Roan

Amy's favorite part of the day was her housekeeper Joyce make everything smell nice.. while the Furmanski's were gone. -Amy

Other moments in Amsterdam:
My favorite memories thus far are Ani and Roan making fondue with Amy!!! Ani and Amy having some girl time down by the dijk feeding the ducks. The wine. The kaas. All the cartoons that I'm used to seeing in English are now in Dutch. The cats. Amy's dinners. Henk's conversations and how he puts up with my weird sense of humor. The dryer vent. The way people in Holland are open to many topics such as Darwin and sexuality. Amy and Henk's cool espresso machine. -Monica

Teyler's Museum with Sam and Roan. Things I will miss about Amsterdam: Henk and Amy; cheese; Grolsch; the tram; girls in short skirts riding on bicycles. Window shopping in Central Amsterdam. All the bicycles. - Matt

**Thank you Amy and Henk for hosting us! We truly appreciate your thoughtfulness!! and tolerance for the "Furmanski Zoo"!!! We love you!

2 comments:

  1. It's so fun to keep up with you guys - thanks for all the great posts! Keep having fun - we miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Matt, lookin' severe in da shades!! Hope you're all having an amazing time. danke kerry

    ReplyDelete